> Knowledge Base > Production Method Pre-preg

Production Method: Pre-preg

CarbonWebshop’s products can be divided into three different basic types. The fiber orientation of the three types is different, resulting in different flexing and torsional performance. The choice depends on the performance you are looking for in an application. There is also a clear price difference between the three types.

Pre-preg method

The pre-preg process uses pre-impregnated carbon fiber fabrics that are laminated in varying orientations around a core. With this material, high precision and quality can be achieved. The fiber orientation in this production method can vary both longitudinally (0°) and transversely (90°). In a standard tube, about 80% of the fibers are in the longitudinal (UD) direction and 20% in the transverse direction. Also a +/- 45° fiber orientation is possible with this production method. The fiber volume is about 65%, while the remaining 35% consists of epoxy resin.

As a top layer, a carbon fabric is applied to ensure a high-quality exterior finish. This fabric can be made in both the plain (only for series production) and twill look. The carbon tubes are finished as a standard with a high-quality high-gloss lacquer, but optionally a matte finish (only for series production) is available.

Which products are produced with the pre-preg method?
  • High Performance Tube
  • High Precision Tube
  • Carbon Kevlar Tube
  • Ultra Lightweight Tube
  • Rectangular Tube
  • Carbon Standard Sheets
  • Carbon High Strength Sheets
  • Carbon Sandwich Panels
Industrial services

CarbonWebshop has its own range of carbon tubes in different diameters and wall thicknesses. We can also cut the tubes to size according to customer specifications and perform various finishing operations such as drilling and CNC milling. These finishing operations are always in mutual agreement and the costs will be specified in advance in the quotation. To make sure that you receive the best-quality products, we ask you to read through all information on how to deliver your files, by clicking here.